Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Assistance require (stats_report in ACSLS )

2010-02-10 16:32:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Assistance require (stats_report in ACSLS )
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: "veritas netbackup" <nbuenterprise AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:30:04 +0200

Try to find ACSLS Installation, Configuration, and Administration Guide. I don’t have an URL for an online copy and have copied the following extracts:

Chapter 7: Verifying and Changing Dynamic and Static Variables

Step 1: Accessing the ACSLS Features Configuration Menu

……

2. Log in as acsss.

3. At the password prompt, press [[ENTER]].

4. To run the configuration script, enter:

acsss_config

The ACSLS feature configuration screen appears.

…..

Option 3 - Set General Product Behavior Variables

This option allows you to set or change the following:

Prompt: Enable Library Volume Statistics Gathering: (ON / OFF) [OFF]: ?

Variable: LIB_VOL_STATS

This option specifies if the Library Volume Statistics (LVSTATS)

information should be collected from the following operations: enter; eject; mount; dismount; and audit.

Logging these statistics can take considerable disk space. Default is OFF.

Prompt: Number of acsss_stats log files to retain [9]:

Variable: VOL_STATS_FILE_NUM

A dynamic value, this option allows you to specify file size and number of rollover files for the volume statistics log (acsss_stats.log). Valid entry: 0-9.

Default is 9.

9 is the default when ACSLS is installed or upgraded.

A dynamic value, this option allows you to specify the number of additional acsss_stats log files to retain. If enabled and the current acsss_stats log file size reaches the threshold size, the log is automatically copied to another file. Once the specified number of files is reached, the data in the oldest file is overlaid.

If you specify 0, ACSLS creates only one event log file with no additional event log files. When this file reaches its threshold size, an “acsss_stats log full” message is displayed periodically until the acsss_stats log is renamed or deleted.

Specify a number between 1 and 9 to enable and specify the number of log files to retain. When the acsss_stats log reaches the threshold size, the data is moved to the file vol_stats0.log. The next time the threshold size is reached, the vol_stats0.log data is moved to vol_stats1.log and the older event log data is moved to vol_stats0.log.

Prompt: Maximum library server access_stats log size in Kbytes (1000 bytes) [500].

Variable: VOL_STATS_FILE_SIZE

This option specifies the threshold size for the accss_stats log in Kbytes (1000 bytes). Default is 500.