Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Linux and BMR

2010-02-09 13:50:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Linux and BMR
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Wilcox, Donald A (GE, Research)" <wilcox AT ge DOT com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 12:50:24 -0600
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Wilcox, Donald A (GE, Research) <wilcox AT ge DOT com> wrote:

  I have recently had an issue with BMR for Oracle Linux.  The BMR portion of the backup will fail.  I was told by Symantec that if I changed the /etc/release file to something other that oracle linux it would fix the issue.  It did work after changing the file.  My question is, is this issue being seen by anyone else and if so, how did you deal with it.  Is is going to be fixed in NBU 7?

According to the client compatibility list, Oracle Linux is not supported as either a client nor as a BMR client.  A bunch of different Linuxes are on the list but Oracle isn't one of them.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/337048.pdf

   .../Ed