Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Linux and BMR

2010-02-09 11:12:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Linux and BMR
From: "Wilcox, Donald A (GE, Research)" <wilcox AT ge DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:12:23 -0500

All,
  I have recently had an issue with BMR for Oracle Linux.  The BMR portion of the backup will fail.  I was told by Symantec that if I changed the /etc/release file to something other that oracle linux it would fix the issue.  It did work after changing the file.  My question is, is this issue being seen by anyone else and if so, how did you deal with it.  Is is going to be fixed in NBU 7?

Donald Wilcox
1 Research Circle (KWC124B)
Niskayuna, New York 12309

Email: wilcox AT ge DOT com