Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Enterprise Client License

2010-01-29 09:09:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Enterprise Client License
From: "Andy Skates" <andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:09:24 -0000

Environment – NBU 6.5.5

Master Server – Windows 2003

Media Servers – Windows 2003

I have a question concerning the Enterprise CLIENT License. I have a server that has the Enterprise Client License installed on it. This server has control over the robotics in the 4 x LTO4 Tape Library. It can back itself up with no problems.

However I want to use this server as the robotic control from 2 x NetApp Filer backups using NDMP. Whenever I try and run an NDMP backup I get an Status Code 159.

I am able to run a 3rd Party NDMP backup to the Master Server (which has control over another library).

My question is – Does the Enterprise Client License only give me SAN MEDIA SERVER capability? Will I need to upgrade this license to get NDMP backups through it?

Regards,

Andy Skates