Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups

2010-01-27 17:44:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>, Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:43:57 -0800
Thanks Bob.  I actually was responding to your question in the first part of
my email. This exclusion is the head-scratcher I was referring to:
>>> /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<master>
I found that particular exclusion in a file in archive directory and it's
old enough now that it could have gone back to the time when I was doing
cold catalog backups as you suggested.  I shouldn't have even brought it up
in the first place :-)

With regards to hot catalog backups in 6.x, I understand the recommendation
to exclude the image and relational databases from regular file system
backups.  I was just curious because the admin guide does not mention
excluding the relational database, only the image database.

-Neil