Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups

2010-01-27 12:22:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>, Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:22:50 -0800
You know, I've been scratching my head over this one too but I can't
remember what the logic was or where I got the info from (or even when).
Whatever it was, it made sense to me at the time...

I had a case open with support and I threw this question out and I got the
following recommendation (though no technote to back it up):

Exclude from regular backups on the master:

/usr/openv/db/data
/usr/openv/netbackup/db

The backup selection in a catalog backup has the following paths:

/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/var/
Relational Database path  (/usr/openv/db/data)

-Neil