Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] I inherited a mess.

2010-01-21 16:30:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] I inherited a mess.
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:30:34 +0000
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 02:54:32PM -0500, Sagz wrote:
> The catalog still shows the tapes in the robot but as I said... I can't do a
> tape inventory.
>
> When I start a restore job it just sits there... I imaging getting hung up on
> the bad robot.

If the robot isn't working, you can select the tapes that are in the
robot in the GUI.  Click "move", make sure "Volume is in a robotic
library" is unchecked and hit ok.  The catalog should show the tapes are
not in a robot.

Now when you need them for a restore, you should get a pending mount
request in the device monitor.

--
Darren