Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR test questions............

2010-01-20 08:44:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR test questions............
From: Joseph Despres <jdespres AT csc DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:44:24 -0500

I'm about ready to perform a DR test ........

I need clarification on a few items............

Master is HP-UX 11.11 @ 6.5.4

::--->  DR master has a different name then the current production system...

Would a complete restore from the production work OK after I change the DR systems name
to that of the production box?  Or do I need to re-install NBU?  If I do need to re-install...  Is it a matter
of running the install script?....  I'm so use to Solaris and not HP-UX....

::--->  Recovery without import process....

In the past we used the "Recovery without import process"....  That was with 5.1...
This is the 1st DR I've had to deal with that's at 6.5.4...  Can I still use the same process
I used with 5.1?

Thanks........

Joe Despres
Backup Engineer

CSC

3521 Ribcowski Ct  Raleigh, NC  27616

GIS
 |   (o): 1.919.266.1799   |   (c): 1.919.931.9674   |   jdespres AT csc DOT com   |   www.csc.com

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.