Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup SAN Media Server

2010-01-12 15:48:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup SAN Media Server
From: "William Brown" <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:35:25 +0100
If you need the throughput of backup from the client to the Media Server (not
SAN Media Server) of fibre channel, then the Client needs an 'Enterprise
Client' licence.  This is actually the same licence now as SAN Media Server,
and if your client was licensed before as SAN Media Server (e.g. at 5.n) you
can trade the licence for a 6.n Enterprise Client licence.  "See you sales rep"
as they say.

The actual SAN Client licence must be installed on the Master Server to enable
the capability.

There is no extra licence for the FT Media Server function, any full Media
Server that meets the compatibility list can be used.  Of course the FT Media
Server must be able to store that data fast enough, e.g. through to tape (6.5.4
and above) or to fast staging disk.

William D L Brown