Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Master/Media combo running in a solaris zone?

2010-01-08 22:42:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Master/Media combo running in a solaris zone?
From: drdagor <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 13:00:01 -0500
Interested in a related question.  Traditionally the media and master servers
were split because they had such different requirements -- media needed I/O and
master needed ram and processor. But doesn't it now make sense to combine the
media and master in a multiprocessor box like a Sun 5240? What do people see as
the tradeoffs?