Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drives disappearing on SUN servers with i2000 library

2009-12-30 11:12:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drives disappearing on SUN servers with i2000 library
From: "Tschida, Tom (STP)" <tom.tschida AT bsci DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:12:18 -0600
We have configured a new environment consisting of one SUN master as the control host, and two SUN media servers sharing 32 LTO-4 drives. Each server is a T5240 running Solaris 10.  The library is a new Quantum i2000 with a single partition.

The FC ports on the library can be set to Loop, Loop Preferred, or Point-to-Point.  We have them set to Point-to-Point.  One of the Quantum techs suggested Loop Preferred may work better, although an EMC tech suggested Point-to-Point.  The switches are Brocade 5300 and are set to auto negotiate.

After 4 days of testing, we notice that drives just disappear on the media servers at random times.  We have made no changes since the initial setup, and can't understand why they just go away.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,

Tom Tschida
Boston Scientific