Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problems with duplication and synth jobs reading across network

2009-12-22 22:58:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problems with duplication and synth jobs reading across network
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: William Brown <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:58:13 -0600
I have 6.5.4 and it is copying from the correct storage unit, I just
have 2 media servers sharing a storage unit and I would like it to use
the shortest path from src to dst.

EG:

I have:
                         MEDIA1
OST LSU                              TD0 SUG
                   \     MEDIA2  /

I have a SLP that mandates an image backed up on OST LSU gets duplicated
to the shared TD0 SUG

I see duplication jobs reading the image from OST LSU via MEDIA1 and
writing to TD0 SUG via MEDIA2

Likewise for synthetic jobs. I see reading extents from OST LSU via
MEDIA1 and writing to MEDIA2 for the sytentic image.