Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 44, Issue 19

2009-12-18 12:56:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 44, Issue 19
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:56:19 -0500
> so I have a problem with backing up MSCS clusters with
> ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES backup selections.
>
> The cluster nodes not holding the volume attempt to backup
> the volumes and fail. This was easy enough to fix with
> policy specific client exclusions, and these exclusions
> for the clustered volumes get skipped correctly when
> backing up with Full, or Differential-Incremental
> schedules, and images for those volumes don't get created.
>
> The Synthetic Full schedule however errors out with the
> cluster volumes with an exist status 671.

I don't know the answer but have a suggestion.

If you include a known-good file with each stream (however you have
them broken up), does the synthetic work?

Example:

        NEW_STREAM
        f:\
        c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
        NEW_STREAM
        g:\
        c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

I do this (/etc on *nix and the above on windows, with also "winnt"
vs windows and with the likely system-drive-letters--c: and d:
usually) anywhere that I back up an optional mount point which may
or may not have anything mounted to it and I want to be alerted by a
stat 71.