Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP to basic disk

2009-12-17 07:51:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP to basic disk
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: 'Nathan Kippen' <nate.kippen AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:49:50 -0500

I was finally able to get back to this problem. Apparently the job actually is running. On the NBU gui it appears that nothing is happening, no byte count, etc. However when I looked at the target drive itself the img files were there and growing, but extremely slow for an ndmp job.

The situation is this. We have a netapp on which we recently implemented the snapshot for exchange feature for our exchange2007 system. Since we require 3 months of snapshots but don’t have nearly enough space to leave them all there we want to back the snaps up to disk. So the snaps are on fibre attached netapp volumes and the ndmp job grabs the snap and is writing it to a basic disk. The basic disk is actually a 6TB GPT volume that is made up of  fibre attached netapp SATA space.

I also tried redirecting to another disk SATA space that is on a clarriion. Once again, extremely slow throughput. Directing the job to tape gives me more expected results.

David Spearman

County of Henrico, Va.