Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] EXT4 Filesystem

2009-12-15 10:46:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] EXT4 Filesystem
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Matthew Opoka <mopoka AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:45:50 -0600
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Matthew Opoka <mopoka AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
Does anyone know offhand if EXT4 filesystem is supported in Netbackup 6.5?

The supported operating systems and file systems are documented in the compatibility documentation.  Without looking it up, I would expect that basic backups and restores will work.  I would expect that extended attributes or ACLs may or may not.  FlashBackup is extremely unlikely to work.  Those are my guesses but if ext4 is important to you, look it up in the official compat docs.

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org
Contact Me Linkedin