Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Net Backup errors after Upgrade to Rel6.5

2009-12-09 13:31:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Net Backup errors after Upgrade to Rel6.5
From: Janardhana Babu Donga <jbdonga AT ucdavis DOT edu>
To: Janardhana Babu Donga <jbdonga AT ucdavis DOT edu>, "'Ed Wilts'" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:30:13 -0800

We have found that the client side (Database Server), was upgraded only to 6.5 base version. Master Server was upgraded to 6.5.4. We applied the patch to the Database Server now. Both Master and Client are now on 6.5.4.

Still the multiple channels was not working. Does the Database Server needs a reboot?

Does anyone has any ideas why the RMAN backup fails if multiple channels are used? The backup works only if single channel is used.

Could someone help me with some ideas how to approach this issue?

--- Janardhana