Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM Implementation

2009-12-07 10:22:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM Implementation
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>, <Robert.Watkins AT va DOT gov>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:22:36 -0600
Read the manual.
Find the tech doc on how to install NOM on Solaris.

I did it on a windows server.

Install Veritas Security subsystem (vxss) first
Install ics second

Figure out where you want the broker to run

Install client and NOM

Make sure to read the manual about where to set up Nom and the system
requirements (not on a master) make sure you will have enough disk space
- do not install on /  I would set up a new volume group for the file
system.

I cannot say enough about reading the manual first.

I have read of a lot of people having trouble getting it to work.

I read the manual, made an outline of the steps to install and
configure.
It worked first time for me, so prep work and knowing the right steps
will save you a lot of time latter in trying to get it to work.