Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM Implementation

2009-12-06 17:22:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NOM Implementation
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Watkins, Robert (AITC)" <Robert.Watkins AT va DOT gov>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:22:42 -0600
On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Watkins, Robert (AITC) <Robert.Watkins AT va DOT gov> wrote:
Load it on 1 master,

NO - do not load NOM on a master server.  Dedicate a single server to be your new NOM server and follow the manual on how to install and configure it.  The install is not for the week - it's weird with its various dependencies and if you install stuff in the wrong order, it *will* bite you and cause you multiple hours to undo the mess.  Ask me how I know :-)

Point your new NOM server at a single master.  Then slowly add the rest.

There is a compatibility matrix for NOM.  Read and follow it.

   .../Ed

p.s. did I say RTFM?  I meant it!