Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Thoughts with BMR and RHEL4 on dissimilar hardware

2009-12-04 11:53:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Thoughts with BMR and RHEL4 on dissimilar hardware
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:52:11 -0500
Greetings all,

We are testing BMR on RHEL 4 going to dissimilar hardware, and I was
wondering if anybody else had some input on getting over some hurdles that
we are experiencing.  We are currently using bonding with our network
adapters at home, but don't care to in our DR test.  Upon the first
reboot, the system attempts to configure bond0 and of course fails.  This
makes BMR-FirstBoot hang until we interrupt it.  Then we just reconfigure
the network adapters after the system is booted.  Also, I was wondering if
anybody has scripted the Kudzu responses at boot time as well.  Both of
these are nuisances, but I was wanted to see if anybody has done anything
more definitive to get around stuff like this.

Thanks,

Scott
PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation.