Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 71 for System State backup

2009-12-03 11:01:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 71 for System State backup
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: James Osbourn <jo4 AT sanger.ac DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:01:03 -0700
James,

Check the includes and clients files for the specific policy.

When I get error 71 on my unix boxes it is because a directive in the policy includes is invalid for one of the clients.  This has happened when I've tweaked the includes file to do a special partial backup of a client and forget to put it back to the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.

My guess is that you may have a windows cluster and some of your shares are failed over to the other half.  This is assuming you are backing up each half of the cluster by its real name and not the virtual one.

Jeff