Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem with backup of System State:\ & Shadow CopyComponents:\

2009-12-03 10:30:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem with backup of System State:\ & Shadow CopyComponents:\
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:29:33 -0600

I have some I have just never been able to get to work and some I have.

 A note I read in the 6.5.4 release notes

Said that if the windows open file backup options were changed from the default ( meaning you change from vsp to vss, or from abort to disable and continue) then the system state would fail.

It said to run this command on master for  each of the clients

Bpclient –client <clientname> -update –WOFB –error 0

Not sure if it will work or not.

See Etrack 1723828

I am still on 6.5.3 so I have not tried this yet.

On the 2008 servers make sure you are using vss – that has worked for most of mine.