Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Creating SRT for BMR on AIX

2009-12-01 20:59:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Creating SRT for BMR on AIX
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:57:56 +0700
Dear NetBackup experts,

I have a problem with creating SRT for BMR Currently, I have a backup
for AIX which has OS level 5300-07 (output of "oslevel -r" command).
To be precise, here is the info I got from the backed-up OS:

bendev@root/>oslevel -r
5300-07
bendev@root/>oslevel -s
5300-07-00-0000
bendev@root/>lslpp -h bos.rte
  Fileset         Level     Action       Status       Date         Time

----
  bos.rte
                  5.3.7.0   COMMIT       COMPLETE     03/13/09
14:15:11

  bos.rte
                  5.3.7.0   COMMIT       COMPLETE     03/13/09
14:15:11

As we know, we have to create the SRT using the same OS level/version.
Unfortunately, I don't have the 'all-in-one' Installer/Source CD of AIX
5300-07, instead of that, here are the source CDs I have:

AIX 5L version 5.3
 5765-G03
 ML 5300-03, 10/2005
 (CD volume 1-8)

AIX 5L Update version 5.3
 5765-G03
 ML 5300-04, 2/2006
 (CD volume 1-3)

AIX 5L Update version 5.3
 5765-G03
 TL 5300-07-00, 11/2007
 (CD volume 1-3)

Here are the steps I did to create the SRT (named AIX537NBU654):
- Create the SRT using CD #1
- Install maintenance levels (MLs) using CD #3 All the steps above were
done successfully.

But when I did 'Prepare to Restore' using SRT AIX537NBU654, I got this
error message:
[Info] V-126-55 Shared Resource Tree at Operating System level
'5.3.0.30' cannot be used to restore the client at Operating System
level '5.3.7.0'.
Create a Shared Resource Tree that matches the client's Operating System
level and retry the operation.

Then I checked the SRT version at Administration Console | Bare Metal
Restore Management | Resources | Shared Resource Trees, it's shown that
the Operating System level of thet SRT is 'AIX 5.3.0.30', that's why the
prepare to restore was failed.
Besides creating the SRT using the 'all-in-one' CD/DVD of AIX 5300-07,
is there any other ways to create the suitable SRT?

FYI, before I made the SRT for AIX 5300-07 (which failed), I tried to
create SRT for AIX 5300-04 using these steps:
- Create the SRT using CD #1
- Install maintenance levels (MLs) using CD #2 All the steps above were
done successfully and the 'Prepare to Restore' was done successfully as
well.
Then why can't I create the SRT for AIX 5300-07 using CD #3 (which is
not ML, but TL).
I wonder if there's a big difference between this type of update CD of
AIX: ML and TL, isn't it?
Does NetBackup's 'bmrsrtadm' command support the update of SRT using TL
type of AIX update CD?

Thank you for helping.

--
Best Regards,