Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Images On Media

2009-11-25 17:52:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Images On Media
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:52:14 +0000
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 07:00:03PM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> There are ways to preview the restore to tell you which tapes are needed but
> why bother with a preview - you either need the restore or you don't.

I would like it on occasion because I might have a bin already recalled,
and the file I need could be on several sets of backups, one of which is
already on site.  I'd like to ask the question "do the files I need
exist in the set of tapes I have?"  This happens rarely enough that I
just try to guestimate based on dates and poking around with
bpimagelist.  But with an easy way to get the set of needed tapes out of
a CLI preview, I'd probably script it.

--
Darren