Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Easy ways to disable a tape robot

2009-11-25 13:53:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Easy ways to disable a tape robot
From: Steven Stewart <steven_stewart AT ncsu DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:53:39 -0500
I'm just curious if there is a easy way in Netbackup to offline a specific
robot.
It would be preferable that jobs requesting that robot simply queue until the
robot
is brought back online but if the jobs just fail that's ok too.

Occasionally we have to perform code updates on our VTL but don't want to
have to down Netbackup since we can redirect crucial backups to our physical
library.

Background on the environment.

NBU 6.5.3.1

We currently back 99% of stuff to the VTL then use SLP to migrate the images to
the physical robot.  We have 3 Storage Groups that all SLP's and regular
polices use.

Storage Groups:
Backups - used for all non database backups consists of 2 Virtual robots across
3 media servers
Database - used for database backups consists of 1 Virtual robot across 3 media
servers
SL8500 -  used for resting place for the SLP's and select Policies with large
amounts of data

Thanks for any feedback

Steven Stewart
NC State University