Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup configuration for Exchange 2007 CCR

2009-11-18 00:37:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup configuration for Exchange 2007 CCR
From: Khurram Tariq <khurramtm AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:37:06 -0600
Hi All,

I'm interested in finding out how you guys set NetBackup up for Exchange 2007 CCR clusters. Our exchange team wants us to backup from the passive node of the CCR cluster.

Due to the data size we have to install SAN media server on the passive node. Since we're only backing up system drive & system state from the active node we want to set it up as a client. I have run some tests by creating a storage group with the SAN media server & regular media servers to backup these two servers & have configured use local drive option. However the SAN media server does not use its own drives and backs up to the regular media servers over ethernet

 I would like to hear suggestions as to how to get the passive node (NBU SAN Media Server) to use tape drives it has (via SSO) and the active node to use the regular media servers while they're in the same policy.

Regards,
Khurram