Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] License check NBU 6.5

2009-11-17 09:58:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] License check NBU 6.5
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Akker Henk van den <H.vandenAkker AT wml DOT nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:57:56 -0600
2009/11/17 Akker Henk van den <H.vandenAkker AT wml DOT nl>

 I am looking for a tool to check the licenses we are using against the clients.

There have been a lot of changes lately and I want to be as compliant as possible.

Any one knows how or where  to get it?

This problem is really, really hard.  Symantec's licensing model is very flexible and that causes severe difficulty trying to determine if you're compliant or not.  There's some information that you can not determine through automated utilities (e.g. VMware guests with clients on them) that can have very important implications on your licensing.

You need to contact your SE and get a hold of the Xenon utility.  You then run this through multiple iterations and update tables identifying the hardware models and tiers for all of the servers and send the output back to your SE for analysis.  You'll need a list of all of the virtual machines and virtual servers in your environment.

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org