Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] I am trying to figure how or best way to do

2009-11-12 17:15:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] I am trying to figure how or best way to do
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:14:36 -0500
> What I want to achieve is that if backup fails, business
> owners want information on failed clients i.e. dates of
> last good Inc, Full back to disk and tape.
>
> At the moment am doing this manually and is not fun,
> have over 300 clients and sometimes we get 20-30
> failures. How can I automate this task?

This isn't what you asked, but:
Rather than work in the mode of "failure, go back and figure out
what happened in the past," I would take the approach of sending the
backup notifications to the business owners for each backup--then
there's no digging to be done.

Regardless of your notification approach, 7-10% failure is a pretty
bad backup day; perhaps the group can help address the causes of
those failures.