Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Commvault Forum?

2009-11-06 08:03:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Commvault Forum?
From: "Chuck Tipton" <tiptonc AT bronsonhg DOT org>
To: "Steve Jenner" <steve.jenner AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 07:57:11 -0500
Steve,

Check out Curtis Preston's site www.backupcentral.com.  He has links to the
forums/mail lists for Commvault as well as other products.

Chuck

>>> Steve Jenner <steve.jenner AT gmail DOT com> 11/6/2009 4:04 AM >>>
Hi all,

I have just started a new job and the inhouse backup system is running
Commvault 8.0. As my experience is predomininately NetBackup and I have been
using this forum for several years now I wondered if there was a similar one
dedicated to the Commvault product.

Also what are people's thoughts/experiences of Commvault in comparison to
NetBackup, if you had a choice which system would be your preference?

I have the oppotunity to look at the current deployment and if necessary
other vendors offerings.

 Thanks in advance,

Steve.