Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Restore issues

2009-10-29 10:39:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Restore issues
From: rbains <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:29:45 -0400
We are running into an issue when trying to restore a large number of files
from a backup image that lives on a DataDomain VTL but it was created from a
NetApp filer that was direct-attached to the Virtual Tape drives on this VTL.
When we restore a group of folders with file in them, either only some of the
folders get restored or some of the files are missing. This is being done with
DAR enabled. I know there used to be limit of 1024 files per folder with
earlier versions of DAR. Is this still the case? I can see all the data gets
backed up, but the restore does not return all files/folders within the
expected dataset.

This is all being done with NBU 6.5.3.

Anyone ran into this before? Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated...
Thnx!