Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Using bpsetconfig to set exclusions

2009-10-23 13:49:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Using bpsetconfig to set exclusions
From: Karl Rossing <karlr AT barobinson DOT com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:43:45 -0500
I finally got arround to place a service call with SUN about this. They
in turn, placed a service call(320-231-464) with Symantec on it.

It seems that bpsetconfig sends a BPCD_SET_EXCLUDE_LIST_RQST that the
windows client does not interpret. Setting the exclude using jnbSA does
work BUT it's kinda of a pain to manage.

bpsetconfig not setting excludes from a unix master to a windows client
seems to not be a bug. There maybe support in the future. Who knows when
that will be.

We don't have an account rep with Symantec so putting in an RFE is a bit
of a pain.

With luck a really large customer will want this feature.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Karl