Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] L700 drive error

2009-10-16 04:06:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] L700 drive error
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:02:53 +0200
Hi

I have no idea what 'they' are trying to accomplish with the info
they've asked for.

There are two places to check why drives are being down'ed. The 1st one
is the bptm log on the media server. The 2nd one is /var/adm/messages,
but ONLY if media manager daemons are running in VERBOSE mode. To do
this, add a new line in /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf, put VERBOSE on this
line. Stop/start NetBackup.

After a drive has gone down, look for DOWN in bptm log as well as lines
that contain <16>. Search for DOWN in /var/adm/messages.

Regards

Marianne