Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate help

2009-10-08 19:54:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate help
From: tsimerson <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 19:51:21 -0400
I've been doing the same thing for years using various incarnations of Perl
scripts building a bid file as Jonathan suggested.  But I recently discovered
the Storage Lifecycle Policies.  These are fantastic!  Once I worked out the
details, the SLP's will create the primary copy to VTL and then start
duplicating the images to the defined physical tape drives.  I'm using this
process to backup two NAS devices via NDMP to VTL drives and then duplicating
them to an offsite tape and a nearline tape (our VTL does not have enough disk
space to support more than a couple of days of data).