Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Geographically distant master servers

2009-10-08 12:30:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Geographically distant master servers
From: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 12:27:31 -0400
I have two data centers, two libs, multiple media srvs at each location and one master server, we have 40M link between sites. Also, I run the catalog backup to both sides and replicate the catalog to the DR remote site vie couple T1s with the wan acceleration. And guess, all work, no issues.

Boris

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM, dbergen <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

Wondering if anyone can help. I currently have two completely separate master servers, media server and libraries on opposite sides of the country that management wants to run as one unified system. Is there a best practice way of doing this? How does the catalogue work in this case?