Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robotic contents cache

2009-10-05 12:28:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robotic contents cache
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:24:56 +0000
I had a hiccup with ltid (self-invoked) during a lot of long-running
full backups.  So I didn't want to reboot.

Restarting ltid worked to some extent, but Netbackup's view of the robot
inventory became incorrect.  Robtest said some drives were occupied that
weren't and that a tape was missing from the robot.  I didn't realize
that tldtest/robtest was not doing a direct query of the robot when it
runs.  As soon as all the backups finished and I had a chance to restart
daemons, tldtest/robtest showed the correct robotic contents again.

Where is this cached copy of the robotic contents kept?  Is there any
way to refresh it without doing a restart of all of Netbackup?

System is 6.0 MP5 on Linux, but I've seen something similar (probably
the same thing) on 6.5.3 and Windows.

Thank you,
--
Darren