Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpjava-msvc and PAM error

2009-10-02 04:42:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpjava-msvc and PAM error
From: fredriklindgren <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 04:39:33 -0400
Hello. I have recently migrated a NetBackup 6.5.1 master server to a new server
and at the same time I upgraded from Suse 9 64-bit to sles 10 sp2 64-bit.

Since this move I've got the following error in the message log:
bpjava-msvc: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_boks.so.1)
bpjava-msvc: PAM [error: /lib/security/pam_boks.so.1: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory]
bpjava-msvc: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_boks.so.1

>From the bpjava-msvc log :
authenticate: bad pam_status 28, Module is unknown

Everything seems to be working with the java GUI except once in a while the
activity monitor fails to refresh, a daemon error. I don't have that error or
status code at the moment since it have not failed since yesterday morning, and
when it last happend I forgot to write down the error, will do that next time
it pop ups.

The PAM module bpjava is trying to access is a security module written and
maintained by the IT-security department. I've been talking to them but they
say it's nothing wrong with their module, that the problem relies within
netbackup.

Tried to look through the netbackup documentation for java and PAM but have not
found anything usefull. So I'm now hoping that any of you NetBackup gurus can
point me in a direction.