Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Netbackup 3.6 catalog File Corruption issue

2009-09-30 19:05:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Netbackup 3.6 catalog File Corruption issue
From: Anderson <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:46:28 -0400
I have a Windows 2003 server with SP2 installed on a Dell 1850 PowerEdge server
which has a C: partition with 136GB and an E: partition with 4.07TB.  The
server has 4GB of memory.  The main application on this server is Veritas
Netbackup 3.6 (with both Veritas 3.6 hot fixes installed) and it is installed
on the C: partition with the netbackup data stored on the E: partition.  The
Netbackup application seems to hang daily with what looks like a catalog
corruption.  My catalog file is on the C: partition (44GB Free space) and its
size is:

NTP.DB  30,184,848KB

It seems like either after the Catalog maintenance (scheduled at 8:30PM), the
catalog corruption happens.  I think it happens during the catalog maintenance
, because I do not see the date on my catalog backup file increment (catalog
backup scheduled 11:30PM nightly), so I do not think the backup can take place
once the catalog file is corrupt.

Any suggestions to try to fix my catalog corruption problem?