Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO4 Media & LTO4 Tape Drives

2009-09-29 14:18:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 Media & LTO4 Tape Drives
From: "Sotack, Tom" <tsotack AT hersheys DOT com>
To: "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:15:20 -0400
Has anyone experienced an issue with LTO4 tapes dismounting from LTO4 tape drives?
We've had, which we believe, is an abnormal amount of LTO4 tapes getting stuck or not dismounting after completion of a backup.
The Netbackup jobs completes successfully, but the tape does not dismount properly.

Our environment is a SL3000 robot with Netbackup 6.5.4 installed using LTO4 tapes and LTO4 tape drives backing up Unix & Linux servers.

Thank you.
Tom Sotack
The Hershey Company