Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR error

2009-09-28 08:01:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR error
From: smakovits AT parker DOT com
To: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 07:52:26 -0400

Thank you.  After investigating further, I think I found the issue being that the system that was restored was missing the second drive partition.  So as it is outlined in the document, NBU was not able to write to the partition it was looking for as it did not exist.

I have to test it again, but I am pretty sure this is going to be the cause of the error.

Sandor Makovits
Parker Hannifin Corporation
(216) 896-2261 (office)
smakovits AT parker DOT com

"WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>

09/26/2009 04:05 AM

<smakovits AT parker DOT com>
cc
Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] BMR error

Hi
Take a look at this TechNote.

Not sure if you are restoring ALL volumes, or just your main boot / system volume
Simon
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301490.htm