Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java GUI Console Issues (RESOLUTION)

2009-09-23 12:00:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java GUI Console Issues (RESOLUTION)
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:56:39 -0500

I just completed another upgrade from 5.1 to 6.5 and ran into another issue with getting the Java GUI Console to operate. I ended up adding the FQDN as an alias to the shortname in my hosts file and the problem went away. I would also recommend this as a first step for any issues you have with the Java GUI, such as some panels not working, blank screens after logging in, etc.

Just wanted to put this out there in case someone else had issues as it sure is frustrating to complete an upgrade successfully, only to have problems with the Java Console.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.