Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 installation in Red Hat 6.5

2009-09-22 03:51:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 installation in Red Hat 6.5
From: naymyotun <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 03:48:00 -0400
Thx. I managed to install the required the ICS package now. But when I try to
install the package " NetBackup_6.5_LinuxRedhat2.6.tar.gz" according to my
vendor suggestion, I encounter the following error " NetBackup server software
for the linuxR_x86 platform is not on this cdrom." .

Currently the installation server is running on " Linux NBU 2.6.18-92.el5 #1
SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ". I downloaded
this package from https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/vrtcontroller#  .  I  also
download  "NetBackup_6.5_LinuxIA64.tar.gz" and try install but the same error
receive again.

But  I can't see any package related to X86 for the redhat linux in this
https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/vrtcontroller#  link to install the NBU 6.5
installation.
But i managed to install this " NetBackup_6.5_LinuxRedhat2.6.tar.gz" on i386
machine.
Pls.advise.