Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Backup checking

2009-09-16 10:09:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Backup checking
From: "Matthews, Gary (GSD UK Production Services business)" <gary.b.matthews AT logica DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:53:57 +0100

Hi,

This is probably very simple but not having done it before I thought Id ask the experts J Weve got a windows infrastructure running nbu 6. All we backup is flat files, with a mix of network, VSS and clariion scripted snapshots. Our SQL servers run their own backups to backup drives and then we back them off. Up to know its just been a scheduled NBU job but the SQL databases have grown and now the backups overlap. Rather than just move the backup later, thought Id ask if theres something cleverer we can do to check if the SQL backups have finished? Something ina bpstart script ?

TIA

Gary

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail / Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. / Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente não imprimindo este correio electrónico. This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.