Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Active Tapes Had Bar Codes Removed

2009-09-16 06:29:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Active Tapes Had Bar Codes Removed
From: "Billingham, Jason" <BillinJA AT Mapleleaf DOT ca>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:22:01 -0400
Hi all, I'm brand-new to the list, and apologize that I don't have time for
introductions before I have to get down to business.

One of my Operators mistook three active tapes for scratch, pulled the labels
off, and inadvertently mixed them in alongside 23 other label-less tapes.

Is there any way for me now to be able to read the internal label of these
tapes, without the bar-codes?  I have the stickers, but they don't stick so
well anymore (afraid they'd fall off in the library), and regardless would
prefer not to have to try them on all 25 tapes.

Again I apologize for barging onto the list like this, but I promise I'm not a
horrible person (matter of opinion I suppose), and that Ill contribute where
possible.

Thanks!
Jay
Email scanned for virus: mail.mapleleaf.ca