Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Data Corruption (How to Troubleshoot)

2009-09-12 00:27:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Data Corruption (How to Troubleshoot)
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:24:38 -0600
I would guess that the line terminations are getting you.  Windows has cr/lf and Unix just lf.  Since you're backing up the file in a binary fashion, when you restore it to another platform, your terminations aren't going to match what the OS expected.

This is also one of the reasons that cross-platform catalog migrations aren't supported.
   .../Ed