Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backups on DMZ

2009-09-11 20:45:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backups on DMZ
From: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:42:47 -0400
Hi,

Look here http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/237796.htm

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM, smwoodcrafts <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

At one of our sites, we have a master server and 2 media servers in our internal network and another media server in our DMZ to handle the backups on our external network.

The question I have is, when setting up the backups for the DMZ, would I still need to open the normal Veritas ports on the firewall for traffic to the master server? Also, since I have a media server on the external network, would I have to open the same ports for the internal media servers IPs?