Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Data Corruption (How to Troubleshoot)

2009-09-11 13:26:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Data Corruption (How to Troubleshoot)
From: "Preston, Douglas" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>
To: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:22:51 -0700
Restore it on a windows machine and see if it is good.  Backups and restores
work different on *nix than they do for windows.  Try ftp'ing the file to the
linux machine, make sure you do it in binary mode then try to untar it.  I
would bet the file is correct if you restore to a windows machine, and will
untar if the file is ftp'd to a linux machine.  If you need the file backed up
on tape for archival or dr purposes ftp it to the linux machine and back it up
and then the restore to linux will be good.