Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 installation in Red Hat 6.5

2009-09-10 04:53:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 installation in Red Hat 6.5
From: naymyotun <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 04:50:16 -0400
Hi Guru,
I m a netbackup beginner. I just received three packages from my vendor to
install the netbackup 6.5 on my redhat 5 development server.
( 1 )NetBackup_6.5_LinuxRedhat2.6.tar.gz
( 2 )NetBackup_6.5_ICS_LinuxX86.tar.gz
( 3 )NetBackup_6.5_CLIENTS2.tar.gz

First of all , I install the package 1 and i got the following error message.

"CPI ERROR V-9-0-0 The 'libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3' compatibility library must
be installed before you can install the VRTSpbx package.  You can install
the 'libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3' library by installing the 'compat' RPM, which
you can find on the SuSE OS installation media or on the download section of
the SuSE/Novell Web site.
The following systems do not have this library installed:
        localhost
installics log files are saved at /opt/VRTS/install/logs/installics-LBhDYy

The ICS install for VRTSpbx was unsuccessful.
Quitting the NetBackup install.

I tried installing the package 2 using the  different terminal and I received
the same error message.

Task Menu:

    I) Install/Upgrade a Product  C) Configure an Installed Product
    L) License a Product          P) Perform a Pre-Installation Check
    U) Uninstall a Product        D) View a Product Description
    Q) Quit                       ?) Help

Enter a Task: [I,C,L,P,U,D,Q,?] I

              Symantec Infrastructure Core Services Installer 5.0

     1)  Symantec Private Branch Exchange
     2)  Symantec Product Authentication Service
     3)  Symantec Product Authorization Service
     b)  Back to previous menu

Select a product to install: [1-3,b,q] 1
Enter the system names separated by spaces on which to install PBX: nay

Initial system check:

    Checking PBX installation on localhost........................ not installed

              Symantec Infrastructure Core Services Installer 5.0

Checking installed rpms on localhost

CPI ERROR V-9-0-0 The 'libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3' compatibility library must
be installed before you can install the VRTSpbx package.  You can install
the 'libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3' library by installing the 'compat' RPM, which
you can find on the SuSE OS installation media or on the download section of
the SuSE/Novell Web site.
The following systems do not have this library installed:
        localhost
installics log files are saved at /opt/VRTS/install/logs/installics-kxi6WZ

If you want to install, configure or manage another application, type Y to
continue...

But I checked on the  netbackup 6.5 UNIX installation guide and there is not
step to install this " CPI ERROR V-9-0-0 The 'libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3'
compatibility library " .   I believe there is something wrong in my
installation. Pls. help to advise.