Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu] run a script on the Master any time a backup[...]

2009-08-25 15:02:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu] run a script on the Master any time a backup[...]
From: "Ron Jack (Systems Network)" <rjack AT nando DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:59:31 -0400
"...on the master when each job starts."

I'm a little late to this thread, but how about:

#
# session_start_notify.sh
#
# This script is called by the NetBackup scheduler each time at least
# one backup/archive will be run, prior to starting anybackups/archives.
#
# this script:
#       requires no parameters
#       must be executable by the root user
#       should exit with 0 upon successful completion
#

That fit your requirement stated above?