Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Clarification

2009-08-24 11:47:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Clarification
From: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:40:25 -0500
Hello,

     Hello, we've purchased a NetApp VTL and there is some confusion on
whether or not I need to buy the NDMP license from Symantec in order to
deploy the unit. I've received conflicting information from various
sales persons and analysts regarding this.  Could someone please help
clarify this for me?

Do I *have* to buy the NDMP license in order to use the NetApp VTL with
my NetBackup environment?

Either way, what functionality does the NDMP add-on to NetBackup give me
that I wouldn't have otherwise?

Thank you.

- Heathe Kyle