Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Transition from LTO1 to LTO4

2009-08-18 22:18:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Transition from LTO1 to LTO4
From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:14:59 -0400
Hello everyone,

We're considering switching from our old ADIC Scalar 1000 (with LTO1 drives)
to an HP MSL8096 (4 drives).  The logical step will be to go the LTO3 route
so we can read our old media but ... considering we do backups 99.5% of the
time and restores 0.5% of the time...I'm considering getting three LTO4
drives and the fourth one: an LTO3 drive (just for backward readability).

On Netbackup... Is it just a matter of labeling the drives and corresponding
media with the same HCART# so they don't get mixed up?

Thanks in advance!
Jorge