Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive cleaning

2009-08-13 15:55:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive cleaning
From: smwoodcrafts <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:52:06 -0400
This is driving me crazy. We have 5 sites with backup environments . Four of
them have a Quantun i500 and the largest has a i2000. They all have LTO4
drives. We are using TDK universal LTO cleaning tapes. I created a barcode rule
so that they are recognized as Hcart cleaning tapes.

I have tried to clean the drives through the Admin console and using tpclean
and both methods fail on all libraries. How does everyone else clean their
drives?